Getting Divorced? Is Your Spouse Hiding Assets?
In divorce involving high-value property, one party may suspect that the other party possesses assets that are being hidden. These circumstances demand help from experts with regard to hidden assets and high-asset divorce.
Hiding assets should not be tolerated and I am dedicated to finding them. I am Johns Daniels, founding partner at the law firm of Willeke & Daniels. I have more than 35 years of helping people deal with hidden assets and other high asset divorce issues in Minneapolis, Annandale, Wright County, Buffalo and throughout central Minnesota.
Types Of Assets That Are Commonly Hidden
Whenever needed, I will hire experts to assist in the search for any assets your spouse may have concealed. This may include:
- Unreported income
- Skimmed cash from a business
- Delay of signing contracts or other actions to lessen the value of a business
- Undervalued or overlooked antiques, artwork, collections, equipment or tools
- Income that is not reported on tax or financial documents
- Retirement accounts that your spouse did not tell you existed
- Investments and municipal bonds that were not registered with the IRS
- Gifts, travel expenses, rent or tuition paid to a boyfriend or girlfriend
- The delay of bonuses, stock options or raises until a time when they would not be considered marital property
Why You Need An Attorney To Find Hidden Assets
- As your attorney, I will conduct a detail-oriented investigation into your and your spouse’s marital estate and community property, as well as any assets you have that would be considered separate property.
- Through my due diligence, any questions of inaccurate disclosure of assets will be brought to light. My goal is to ensure that you obtain fair and equitable property division during your high-asset divorce.
- Sometimes in order to arrive at a fair and equitable divorce settlement, you need the help of financial and divorce experts who are experienced in locating suspected assets that are hidden or have gone missing. With extensive experience in such matters, I have the knowledge, skill, contacts and resources to handle even the most complex cases.
- Without a lawyer on your side, it may be difficult or impossible to access the information you need to prove that property and funds being kept from the divorce proceeding, and you are being prevented from getting your full share of the marital assets.
Arrange A Free Consultation
Discuss your concerns regarding marital asset protection with an experienced divorce lawyer. Call my offices at 612-208-9939 to schedule a free consultation. You can also arrange an appointment online.